iowa eskelsen

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Another busy Saturday
Muddy Monster at Seminole Valley Park in CR
This is the Marathon Monster group that came
out to run the Monster Mile. There were a few
more that showed up, we ended up with almost
20 participants. It was a ton of fun!
As you can see, Macy was having a blast!
She recorded a new best time of 12:04. And
she wore a costume - a Hawkeye football player!

This is me running in the 15K. I got into the
spirit of the day and wore my spiderman
costume!! Look at those muscles!
This is me finishing after 1 hour and 44 minutes
of running. Wowsa!! I actually really enjoyed
the race, despite it being a 5K loop three times.
It was a fun family day. Rich was disappointed
he didn't run and will tell you it was my fault
for not registering him (he said he didn't
want to run it, I swear!) We even won a door
prize and then Caden got some free food and
$10 gift certificate to the sporting goods store, since
he has an October birthday.
Kelbie got fourth in her age group and got a prize, Caden
finished just after her, they were both in the 8 minute range.
I was so proud of all three of them. We are ready to sign
up for next year.



3 Comments:

Blogger Brennan and Rachel said...

Wooohoooo!!! Way to be blogging! Love it. It was fun watching all of you today. Way to go!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Caleb and Marci said...

Nice day of running. Love the costume. You are seriously ripped. Poor Rich, maybe next time. :-) And way to be blogging, I am super impressed.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Ben and Mara Gardner said...

Awesome! Both with the race and blogging! I saw Rich running by Macy in that picture so at least he still got in on the action! I guess next year he will have to register, I can't wait to see what costume he comes up with. Haha

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home