iowa eskelsen

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Kelbie's first cross country meet at Tipton

The course was 1.5 miles and after the nerves at the start, it was a piece of cake for her to run. Last Saturday we got home after dark and she still WANTED to go for a run, so I rode my bike along side her. It was a beautiful night for a run. She now says that a 2 mile run is no problem on a regular basis.
Yesterday was Kelbie's first cross country meet and her first competition in organized school sports. Wow! I'm getting old. I was so proud of her and the effort she made. She finished the race and was smiling and having a good time, so maybe all of the running I have encouraged her to do hasn't been pure torture :) !! The team aspect of cross country is so AWESOME. It is an incredible sport to be a part of.




2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Go Kelbie! I am so proud of you. Hopefully some of your cousins will follow in your footsteps. Keep up the good work.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Caleb and Marci said...

Nice job Kelbie! You are impressive.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home